Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 9

I thoroughly enjoyed this lesson on Creative Commons or CC. I use pictures a lot with my students who have autism. It's very hard to have a basic generic picture for them to look at, when I am trying to convey a specific task for them to complete. As wonderful as clip art, and even the program Boardmaker is, there are times I need to show them Fruit Loops cereal or Goldfish crackers. Every time I've found the images, I've had that little alarm go off inside wondering if I was doing something illegal. :) This was a very informative and helpful lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, if you're using images in the classroom and they don't go beyond that, you can do what you like regarding using copyright protected images. Legal issues come to the forefront once you take images and then use them to create a product that you're going to use beyond the classroom, such as publishing online or distributing in print.

    ReplyDelete