Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 6

I love the concept and idea of Diigo! I can't begin to tell you how many times I have spent hours at home finding web sites for the classroom only to get to school the next day without my web addresses. Then you spend the good part of the morning trying to remember exactly what the address was only to never find it and then have to go another route. I did however feel Nicole's pain of tagging. I felt like my tags were beginning to all be the same. I'm sure as my sites increase, I will be able to differentiate a little better, but for right now, it seemed like everything I had should fall under "teaching resources" :)
My Diigo site is
http://http//www.diigo.com/profile/panelson

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'm a Diigo junkie! I've been keeping my bookmarks online for years and have never looked back, so I'm pleased to hear that you love the idea of Diigo.

    As far as tagging goes, you are by no means limited to one tag. In fact, I highly recommend that you use at least three. Why? Because it makes finding that one elusive site easier in the future when you end up with hundreds of bookmarks. If a site is a resource then by all means label it resource. But think about what the site is about. Is it about math, language arts, science? How else can you describe the site? Think in those terms to help you come up with additional tags.

    ReplyDelete