Thursday, July 23, 2009

5d

I loved the story I found on my About.Com link for Special Needs Children. The title is "A Whole New Kid? No Thanks" Terri Mauro talks about the new found desire for many parents to have "A Whole New Kid." So much that many books are out there promoting this idea. Mauro goes on to say that she doesn't want a new kid and how she is perfectly content with the ones she has devoted so much of her life to. I loved how she said that as parents, we all have that time where we know our children, whether they voice it or not want different parents and how hurtful it is to us. Just imagine how children must feel when they see these books and hear about it on talk shows. It makes you stop and think. No, my children are not perfect, as a matter of fact, they are far from it, but they are mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment