Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 19

Creating my podcast was far more extensive than I realized. Once I saw the time that it took, I had to rethink my application of this Web 2.0 tool in my classroom. I'm sure with practice comes speed and the ability to navigate from page to page quicker than I was able to today. I still think podcast will be a great asset in the Special Education spectrum. Working in a self-contained classroom has me dealing with many different academic levels and podcast would be awesome to alleviate the competition I often see when students are not "keeping up" with their peers.
The first thing I would create in a podcast would be a students spelling words for them to use to take "practice test". This individual attention would alleviate the issues that come up when students have a "modified" list of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment