Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 1-A

My name is Patty Nelson. I am an EBD parapro at YES. I began my career with the Barrow County school system in 1999. Dr. Roy Morgan was the principal at BES and I was a substitute teacher. Our numbers in SpED grew and Dr. Morgan approached me one day asking if I would consider coming on as a full time SpED parapro. When YES opened the following year, the SPED numbers leveled out and I was asked to take a position in kindergarten. I worked in kindergarten for 7 years, was a Title parapro for 1 year and am currently on my 2nd year as an EBD parapro. I am blessed and very fortunate to say that I love my job!! As a SpED parapro, I am always trying to find new "ways" or "techniques" to help the children learn. I was blessed this past year to have children with autism in my class. Their facination with the computer and internet was the inspiration for me taking this class. I hope to better utilize the resources and information that is available to me via the internet. I'm excited to see how Web2.0 will help me to do this in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Patty,
    Welcome to the class and I'm very pleased to have you on board!! I hope that you'll find tools and resources that will benefit both you and the students you are with. Isn't it amazing how the fascination of our own students can inspire us to learn more? Thank you so much for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete